Saturday, August 9, 2008

"My Serenity Prayer"


God grant me the serenity to accept the things

Ignoring the fixations that have been a deterrent

Praying for happiness and all that love may bring

Canceling pulsating headaches from my worrying.

I cannot change;

Rehab!

Courage to change the things I can

Cradling this habit as  I nurture theses wounds

Descending from this high looking for a place to land

Brushing it under the rug with this  blessing broom

And  wisdom to know the difference.

Rehab!!

Living one day @ a time;

Enjoying one moment @ a time

Reliving miseries brought within my circle

Stripping my pride as I clear up a distorted mind

Apologizing to mentally stricken if I hurt you

Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace

Baptizing my soul and purifying my heart

Flushing all dependents that controlled me

Renewing relationships once sold in the dark

Rehab!!!

Taking, as He did, this sinful world

Digesting verses during daily readings

Having negative thoughts catapult when I hurl

Retaining new lessons for safe keeping

As it is, not as I would have it;

Rehab!!!!

Trusting that He will make all things right

Conceding that there is one set of footprints

Sustaining challenges from the devil out of spite

Understanding everlasting love doesn’t cost a cent.

If I surrender to His Will;

Rehab!!!!!

That I may be reasonably happy in this life

Forgetting the person that I used to be

Walking a path focused on the pearly gates in site

“ In Rememberance of Me”

and supremely happy with Him

Rehab!!!!!!

Forever in the next.

Amen.

 

 

No comments: