Monday, July 21, 2008

"The Bridge"


Fearless of  all the pressures I have to overcome daily

Expecting my spitting image’s hands to intersect

Lotion my extended arms with tar so burns are 2nd degree

Naked to the world only getting our feet wet.

Brrr

The Bridge!

Abandoned by engineering parents @ birth

Standing on our own learning how to survive

Paying a toll validating my worth

Being pimped by the city for rest of our lives.

Working 24/7 365 days a year

All my complaints seem to fall on a deaf ear.

Crying..:((           

Whose next?

Servicing cars, trucks, bikes even loco-motive trains

Wishing mother nature can bathe me in her rain.

Crying..:((

Being played like a game of cards

Must have been dealt a bad hand from the beginning

Stuck in a lose lose situation from the start

Never having the chance of winning.

Bridge!!

Easing travels being abused in the process

Envious thoughts debating whether to set a trap

Collapsing to river floors leaving people in distress,

Cause all I ever wanted to do is Bridge a gap.

The BRIDGE!!! 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

EXCELLENT...