Tuesday, July 29, 2008

"The Insomniac"


Watching the 2nd hand tick thru my 3rd eye

Scrolling the menu viewing each channel

Tossing under the covers given it another try

Memoirs of an insomniac are consider fictional.

Believing sleep is the ‘Nephew’ of death

Darkness lurks throughout 

Heart calmly beating as I count every breath…

Sigh..

Sigh…

But nothing escapes my mouth.

Talk to me..

What should I do?

Whispering syllables as fingers tap on my chest

Once my mind stops thinking

Then my thoughts will never be processed.

Please..

Just a few winks.

Just a few winks

Am I missing something?

Glad my mind kept my body up to have a convo like this

Fighting to get back time already missed

For so long I felt like shyt.

You can now see a side of me that I never thought would exist.

It’s 5:15 a.m

Damn !!

Obituary written preparing for my funeral

Screaming ‘Uncle’ take me now

Been trying all night to listen to you

I said my prayers so point me to the clouds…

I’m ready!!

Hopefully this convo continues so my dreams are preserved

All my energy has left my body I’m totally spent

Tell my daughter that I love her

As I’m place in the museum of wonderment..

I’m @ peace now cause I’m with my two brothers..

I’m tired..

Goodnight…..:(

6:02a.m----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments: